Sunday, January 19, 2014

Owl Backing

I guess I really should be finished with the Hoot Hoot Owl quilt by now, but the semester just started up again and I had some volunteer work to finish up, so I have just now cut binding strips and the backing for the quilt. I plan to make the quilt sandwich sometime today while we have slightly warmer temperatures and sun!

To make my quilt sandwiches, I drag a table out of the basement onto the driveway and use GIANT binder clips to put it all together. I saw one woman use her design wall, but I am worried about getting 501 spray all over my sewing room. I think if I had to use pins to bind I might just not quilt because making the sandwich is my LEAST favorite part. I might not mind it as much if I had a dedicated space for making the sandwich, but I don't, so that is that. You work with what you have.

So, I will upload a photo of my "sandwich making" process once I get to it, but for now here is what I am using for the Hoot Hoot backing and binding. I think it will look so cute for a little girl.


A different quilt, but the sandwich-making process is the same. My husband is very useful for this part. Maybe I'll be able to train him to make all my quilt sandwiches! That would be FABULOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment