Saturday, March 22, 2014

Monochromatic Napkins and Life

Okay, I don't really think that monochromatic napkins reflect my life in general, but I love these napkins. My dad swears that they are too pretty to wipe his lips with, but that is their purpose.


Life has been busy, as you can tell since I haven't written anything in almost a month. Dealing with insurance companies and trying to help my dad after the fire and death of my mother, plus getting back to work, has basically consumed my life. I have truly enjoyed the time with my dad, not so much the dealings with insurance companies. We all have our good days and bad days. I find that quilting can help a bad day.

I have been working on the quilt that my mother picked for me to make her (material and pattern). I am going to give it to my father, even though it is a little "girly" for him. I haven't quite decided if I am going to make it bigger or what the borders will be, but I like the quilt because it reminds me of my mother. I think I will continue with colors she would have liked (yellows, pinks, light blues) even though my first thought was to add more red and dark blue for my father. What do you think?



The materials are a charm pack and jelly roll in Wallflowers from Windham Fabrics by Cluck Cluck Sew. Love the blog too! If you haven't seen it, you should take a look. The pattern is Jenny Doan's jelly charm quilt from her Quilting Quickly Craftsy class. Love Jenny's YouTube tutorials also.

I'm glad to be back and hope to be doing a lot more quilting in May and June (my "off" months).

No comments:

Post a Comment