Monday, September 1, 2014

Memorial Quilt Delivered


Memorial quilt - quilted, washed, delivered. I promised my father I would not post his photo online. He did not quite believe me, so would only show lower the quilt to his eyebrows. I think he would approve of this photo.

The quilt is in honor of my mother who died in a house fire on February 1 this year. If you follow my blog, you have seen the quilt in progress. My mother and I picked out the fabrics and pattern during Christmas 2013, so after the fire I continued with the quilt to give it to my father. I love my quilts soft, so didn't quilt this one heavily at all.

I love the quilt and every time I see it I am reminded of our last Christmas together--happy thoughts, not sad.


2 comments:

  1. HI Debby. What a beautiful quilt! And an absolutely lovely tribute to your mom. I find it hard to believe that you consider yourself a beginner quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Allison! I make so many, many mistakes and only do simple quilts. I'm afraid of complicated quilts, so I consider myself a beginner.

    ReplyDelete