Saturday, October 4, 2014

Quilt Guilds & Sewing Circles

I have to no one photos to share, thanks to quilt guilds and the PMS sewing circle. I LOVE being around other people who enjoy quilting. They help with fabric selection and tricky bits you are working on.

Ignore the triangles to the side...I just have to square it up.

I should have done this sooner. I joined the Music City Modern Quilt Guild last month and went to my first meeting. Great people, beautiful quilts. The blog is not very current, but you can check out their page on Facebook too.

I went to my first PMS meeting at The Quilting Squares Quilt Shop in Franklin, TN. Lovely people and lots of help on my triangle quilt. I finished putting it together and got most of the back pieced, until I realized that I had sewn long ends on opposite sites. Kay ripped it out in a heartbeat, so all I have to do is sew another straight line and I am done! I would have NEVER gotten that much done at home - too many distractions. Really nice to sew with other quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment