Monday, December 23, 2013

Placemats: Binding finally figured out??

Below are reversible placemats I made for my nephew and his wife. I cannot tell you how many seams I ripped out because I kept twisting the binding at the end. Of course, this might be because I refused to quit until I finished and it was about 1 a.m. However, it could just be simply because I am math impaired. It feels like geometry to me when finishing up the binding!

I also learned that I don't have to pull the binding to the edge of the quilt from a Craftsy video. Instead, I should put front of the binding on the 1/4 seam that I used to sew the binding to the quilt. I swear I learned in a f2f class that I should pull the binding to the edge. However, that was probably me misunderstanding the instructor.  My bindings were always womper-jawed--one side wider than the other. Now, I didn't figure this out until the 4th placemat, so 3 of the placemats have wider margins on one side. Since you only show one side at a time, I am okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment