Monday, March 31, 2014

Sashing Choices - Color or Neutral

Finally, after more sewing more hours than I thought I would need, I have almost finished the largest quilt I have ever made. With each additional row, I am slightly freaking out as I wonder how on earth I will quilt this. With the help of Ann Petersen from Craftsy (Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine), I am going to give it a shot.

I really like the piano key and blue borders and I guess I could stop here, but I think I want a final 3-4 inch border to round it off. I may make the top/bottom pieces about 2 inches longer so I have a rectangle instead of a square. Still pondering that one.



Now I am trying to decide what the last border will be. If you have a preference, please let me know in the comments. I am leaning toward the red, but I'm not sure I have enough of the red fabric. Of course, that means I have a reason to go fabric shopping.

So, if I have readers, what do you think?





1 comment: