Monday, January 20, 2014

Color Theory

I'm not a graphic designer or artist, so I have been trying to learn as much as possible about color theory, so my quilts pop. Once I practice on enough lap and baby quilts and can sew a 1/4" seam with consistency, I want to do some landscape or art quilts. I think they are beautiful. You can see my color challenge with the quilt below that I am making for my brother and his wife.


While I like the quilt and the colors are okay, I don't think I did value well here. See at least I know one term. I even have the Color Scheme Designer bookmarked on my computer, not that I use it.

So, all that to say I signed up for Rachel's (Stitched in Color) Color Theory class today. I am so excited about it. I follow her blog and love her color combinations, so I am really excited about this class. The class is 5 weeks and costs $55. I could have done a color theory class on Craftsy for less money and with a flashier platform, but this class just called out to be taken. I am really going to enjoy the Kona Color Card project we are doing. Fun, fun, fun! Join me there.



No comments:

Post a Comment