Wednesday, January 29, 2014

And the Beat Goes On

I have no idea why making my color card for the Color Intensive class from Rachel of Stitched in Color makes me think of Sonny and Cher's The Beat Goes On, but the refrain kept going through my head as I cut the little color cards. Do you think it is the repetitive action? Probably.

Still, it is fun when you start to notice how the colors fit together. I swear to you that there is no, absolutely no, difference between Pansy and Lupine on the card I got. I think Kona made a mistake or I just cannot see gradations of purple. I don't think not seeing purple is a verifiable illness though.

On another note, my card is "slightly, ever so slightly" messy. I left out a color when I was labeling my card and rather than just sticking a random pink (and it was a pink) at the end of the card, I decided to erase the names and rewrite them. Halfway through I am wishing I had left a random pink at the end of the card.


I also used watercolor paper because it was the longest paper I could find and apparently length was important. I now find myself wishing I had chosen something a little sturdier. I am thinking about getting poster board and attaching it to the back. Maybe in a nice bright pink or sunny yellow.


 You will also note that my color cards are ever so slightly different sizes. Clearly I still have some work to do on my cutting skills. No wonder my quilts are still wonky.

And the beat goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment