Sunday, January 26, 2014

Modern Quilt 2

Finished up my second "modern" quilt on Friday. The quotes around modern are because I ended up adding borders to make the quilt a little bigger. Elizabeth Hartman in her Inspired Modern Quilting class on Craftsy said that modern quilts often don't have borders, so .... I have failed.

The colors are BRIGHT, but I really liked the bold pink fabric with glasses because my brother and his wife like an afternoon cocktail. It just seemed right. The orange border, also a little strange, worked because my brother is a big UT fan. Go Big Orange!


As you can also see, I got lazy with my applique and quilted right over it. Please don't judge! This was a Christmas present and here it is the end of January. I do like the applique I found and made from a Google image file. A little creativity on my part I thought...really caught my brother and sister-in-law. Drinking and golfing, what a life!!

 


You can also see that while I have gotten better with machine binding, my corners are still a mess! I miss the edge, and my mitered corners are puckered. I swear to you on my grandmother's grave that I took my time and used my thread ripper to try to keep the fabric in place and even PINNED! This from a woman who hates to pin. Still a mess. I am getting better, but I have a long, long way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment